YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet, so when it comes to video marketing and promoting your brand, products or services, there is no more powerful platform on the web than YouTube.
Having a YouTube channel is so important to your business or your blog, and whats more YouTube is free to use, it’s potentially viral, you are targeting a global audience, and with video medium you’re taking the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise and knowledge, as well as showcase your products and services to your customers.
Having a YouTube Channel with great videos is one thing, but how do you effectively promote your YouTube channel?
Like any other content marketing platform, i.e. a WordPress blog or podcast on iTunes or an email list, you need to effectively promote your YouTube channel the best you can so that more people can consume your video content, so in this post I’m going to share with you 45+ awesome ways to promote your YouTube channel and get more people viewing your videos and subscribing to your channel, so let’s dive straight in.
50 Ways to Promote your YouTube Channel and Videos
01. Embed your videos into your website
Embedding videos on your website is a great way to get more hits and more subscribers, the beauty of YouTube is that they makes embedding video into web pages so easy. For example, if you run an ecommerce website with lots of products, creating product insight videos is a great way to help your customers explore your products in more detail thus increase sales, so consider embedding your videos in your product pages.
Or why not consider creating a cool welcome video about your business or your brand, and embed it in your company website’s about page.
02. Embed your videos into your blog
Bloggers are renown for making ultimate use of YouTube, and if you’re creating content on your blog and not on YouTube you should get a slapped wrist. One great way to promote your YouTube channel is by building a list of all the posts on your blog you think you can re-purpose using video medium, then create those videos and embed them into your blog posts. Doing so will allow people searching for content on YouTube to find your videos, check out your channel and subscribe to it.
03. Link to your videos into your email newsletters
Create a really cool email newsletter about one of your videos on YouTube, keep your marketing message short, simple and relevant, then add a screen grab image of the video you want to promote using your email list and link to it in your newsletter.
04. Embed your videos on online forums
Online forums are great community sites and a great place to promote your YouTube channel. Consider creating a new thread about a specific topic you want to discuss, then embed your video into your post. If you bring up an interesting topic to debate about and your video provides value, then this is a very powerful way to promote your videos and get new subscribers.
05. Build a landing page promoting anything you want such as your eBook or email opt-in form, then create related video content and embed it into your landing page.
06. Don’t forget to share your latest videos with your friends on Facebook.
07. …And share your videos on your Facebook business page
If you have a lot of fans on Facebook don’t forget to share your videos with them too. In fact there is a pretty cool app you can use to share your YouTube channel with your Facebook fans.
08. Add a regular anchor text link to your YouTube Channel from your business website (about page, website footer, header, blog sidebar etc).
09. Link your YouTube Channel to your blog (Same as number 8).
10. Connect your YouTube account to your Twitter account
11. Connect your Facebook account with your YouTube account
12. Connect your YouTube account with your LinkedIn account
13. Link YouTube to your SWOM profile (Paid social networking site for internet marketers)
14. Add a link to your YouTube channel in your email signature
Consider adding a link to your YouTube Channel or your latest video in your email signature. If you use something like WiseStamp to add a custom signature to your Gmail, you can add an icon link to your channel from there.
15. Promote your YouTube channel with print marketing, using screen shots’ of your videos and adding your channel URL to your newsletter.
16. Use Facebook ads to promote your YouTube videos and your channel
17. Use Google Adwords to promote your YouTube channel
18. Get printed T-Shirts with your YouTube channel URL, your slogan and logo printed on the back
19. Add your YouTube channel URL to your business cards
20. Create a trailer video for your channel
This is a relatively new feature added to YouTube, users can now create and host an awesome channel trailer. Check out the short video tutorial below.
21. Create a YouTube video promoting your other videos
This is something I’ve found pretty useful, create a video showcasing your top 10 most popular videos on YouTube, or compiling a group of YouTube tutorial videos.
22. Advertise your YouTube channel on other websites and blogs
Create a couple of ad blocks, upload them to buysellads.com and advertise your YouTube channel on other blog’s and websites!
23. Digg your videos
24. Stumble your videos
25. Like and Share your videos on Google Plus
26. Tweet your videos
27. Add your YouTube Channel URL to all your other social network profiles
28. Ask others to Retweet your videos
29. Blog about your latest videos
30. Add a link to your YouTube channel in your guest post author box
31. Do a review of your most popular videos
32. Embed your videos on your website’s ‘about me’ page
33. Create a series of video blog (or vlog’s) and dedicate a category on your blog to those videos
34. Create a Facebook group for your YouTube video channel only and welcome members to share their own videos
35. Screen capture your videos and upload them as images to Flickr and Photobucket with your YouTube channel URL in the photo description
36. Cross promote your videos
37. Add relevant tags to your YouTube videos
38. Add your YouTube channel to your Yahoo MyBlog account
39. Link YouTube to your MySpace profile
40. DO NOT be tempted to buy targeted YouTube views, it’s bullsh1t…
41. DO NOT be tempted to buy targeted YouTube channel subscribers, it’s even bigger bullsh1t…
42. Add a ‘subscribe to my YouTube channel’ link to your blog’s sidebar
43. Add your YouTube channel URL to your business directory company profile
44. Link YouTube to your NetBlog account
45. Bookmark your videos on Pinterest
46. Use JustRetweet twitter marketing to promote your YouTube channel and videos
47. Add links to your YouTube videos in your eBook or white paper
48. Add your videos to your guest posts.
49. Comment on other related videos
50. Leave useful video responses.
51. Share your videos on Scoop.it
52. Share your videos on Chime.in
53. Add your videos to your SlideShare presentations
54. Create and dedicate a static page on your WordPress blog and embed all your latest videos.
Follow these effective tried and tested methods to promote your YouTube channel and you’ll soon be increasing views and subscribers. Well that’s all I have for you for now, as always if you can think of a few more to add to the list please contribute by leaving a comment below. We regularly update this list each time we find a new way to promote and increase traffic to your YouTube channel, in the meantime enjoy.
Image courtesy of Flickr user: korosirego