Timeline for Facebook Business Pages is Here…

Timeline for Facebook Business Pages… Well we’ve all been wondering whether Facebook would roll out the timeline feature in their business pages and it looks like the rumours were somewhat true.

A while back we shared with you a post about how to promote your business via timeline in your Facebook profile, and we also shared some news that Facebook were due to announce Timeline for Brands at their first-ever fMC event on February 29th in New York… well you can now check out how timeline will affect your business pages, before Facebook rolls out the permanent fixture across all business pages, so there’s time to play around with it still…

We’ve just published our Magnet4Marketing Facebook page to use the new timeline feature and you can check out the screenshot below. As you will see the new M4M banner looks pretty cool, giving the page a more branded look. There are still some other features I’m yet to check out to see what’s new. Let me know what you think about the timeline feature for business pages, have you activated yours yet? Leave me a comment and perhaps share your page with us below.

Timeline for Facebook Business Pages

About Fabrizio Van Marciano

Fabrizio Van Marciano is the founder and chief editor at magnet4marketing.net and the author of 101 Blog Traffic Tips. Connect with Fabrizio on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. You can find out more about Fabrizio here.

Comments

1. Personally I don’t like the facebook timeline but after reading your how to promote business via facebooktime line so I am going to try out this. I already added your blog into my Google reader so I can get updates from you :) . I also read other post too and I come across to your blog thru net chunks.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

2. Troy Jaggard says:

No more landing pages by default. If users still want a landing page they will likely want to create a sub-domain and re-direct it to the Facebook landing page for print material, and link directly to the landing page from the website. Seems like a bit of a pain, landing pages are so widely used.
    Troy Jaggard recently posted..13 Best Premium WordPress Themes for 2012My Profile

3. Atul says:

I haven’t created any Facebook page as yet, but the new “Timeline Business Page” seems identical to your “Timeline Profile”. There is no doubt that new business page with timeline feature are more attractive.
    Atul recently posted..Dissertation Assistance and Tutoring Goes OnlineMy Profile

4. TimeLine is a very good feature for brands and companies. Now they can create the profile that’ll feature company’s history since the early days and thus the visitors can see the entire history of the company and it’s development.

5. TVReplay says:

I don`t like timeline, I have a problem with it and I guess I will give it a try.

6. Warren says:

Ok, I wasn’t too thrilled when I first saw the changes being rolled out and vowed to wait till they forced me at the end of the month, but your page looks pretty good with that great graphic at the top. I might have to reconsider my position! :)

Here’s my page: http://www.facebook.com/plrinternetmarketing

7. Derek Morton says:

I’m pretty excited for timeline for businesses. I think that it will allow businesses to create much more of an emotional attachment with the consumer, by allowing the business to share it’s history. Plus having the ability to pin things to keep important things at the top. So that they don’t get lost in the shuffle.
    Derek Morton recently posted..Should I Replace my Open Fireplace with a Fireplace Insert or a Freestanding Stove?My Profile

8. Zinedine says:

I think the timeline is still to be perfected. In its current state-I don’t like it.
    Zinedine recently posted..What is the easiest sport to bet on ?My Profile

9. The great part of timeline for facebook business pages is it highlights the most talked about topic in your topic. For example you just have launched a new product and people in your network keep on talking about it.