Hey folks, today I thought I’d bring to your attention that it is Magnet4Marketing’s 2nd birthday, yep we’re 2 years old today, and the last 12 months has certainly been an eventful blogging journey to say the least.
The past 12 months has been about making changes, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. Blogging and making money online is a lifetime commitment, I know some people still find it hard to accept that statement.
So what has been topic of the year on Magnet4Marketing? Google has been the much talked about subject in the blogging world, and on the blog also. For me (like a lot of you out there) it’s been about making good.
Everything I’ve done in the last 12 months has been so that I stay in Google’s goody books (Panda and Penguin). But I’ve not been able to do this alone of course. Much thanks to the support from friends and most of all, you, the regular readers, and the new ones that keep trickling in via RSS and email, I’m overwhelmed by the fact a lot of you out there enjoy reading the content on my blog, so a big thank you.
I don’t want to elaborate on how it all began but I started this blog on July 1st 2010 and I remember the day clearly, as I was sat in bed that morning just registering the domain name and assigning it to a WordPress installation for the first time, little did I know how far it would come along… Many milestones have been reached and so before we get started with the exciting part of this post (blog contest) I’d like to just highlight some of the milestones reached in the past 12 months…
- Alexa Ranking under 50,000 (January 2012)
- 1,000 active email subscribers reached (May 2012)
- 150 RSS subscribers (May 2012)
- Google page rank 3 (On last update)
- 10,000 Twitter followers (June 2012)
- 1,000 Facebook fans (March 2012)
- 1,000 people in Google Plus (Feb 2012)
- 25,000 monthly page views (October 2011)
Traffic wise the blog generated over 167,000 visits of which 143,000 unique, and over 255,000 page views in the last 12 months. I know that there are some blogs out there that are generating those kinds of figures in a monthly period, but I’m very happy with the steady traffic increase in the last 12 months, here’s to doubling it next year huh?
OK, to celebrate we’re launching a blog contest… We’re giving one lucky winner the chance to win the ReSizable premium WordPress theme from Theme-Junkie worth $39, check out the screen shot below.
This is a great theme and if you want to take your blog to the absolute next level then check out the features packed in the ReSizable theme.
- WordPress 3.4 Compatible
- Advanced control panel
- Search engine optimized XHTML coded theme
- Customized widget area
- Advertising management panel
- Cross browser compatibility
- Customized page templates
- …And a lifetime worth of supports…
You can demo the theme here > Demo theme
If you want to celebrate with us and be in with the chance to win this truly awesome theme here’s what you have to do – The social sharing tools are available in the floating side bar to your left.
- Retweet this post
- Like this post on Facebook
- Give this post a Plus One (Google)
- Leave your comment below as to why you should win this theme…
- One entry per user, multiple entries using multiple email addresses and names will be rejected.
- Contest opens on 1st July 2012 and ends at 11:59pm on 21st July 2012. The winner will be announced on our Facebook page, so if you’re not yet a fan, become one now.
- Competition is open to all (bloggers, WP enthusiasts etc)
- All 4 tasks must be completed to be in with the chance of winning.
The best of luck to you all…
Image courtesy of Flickr user: landhere