If you’re just starting out on the journey of building your first successful online business, I wish you the very best of luck. I know that the prospects are unknown, it’s like anything I suppose, you just don’t know what’s in store along the way, but yet you remain positive.
You’re going to be responsible for making some tough decisions as a new internet entrepreneur. Some things will require you to say ‘yes’ I’m going to do that… whilst you’re also going to have to learn to say ‘no’, I’m not going to do that, from time to time.
On the subject of saying NO, here are 9 things to say ‘no’ to, when building a successful online business.
- ‘No I’m not going to put it on hold any longer’ – Don’t hold back, make a start today, if you’ve been planning to start your business for some time, there will never be a better time than now.
- ‘No I’m not going to put all my eggs in one basket’ - I’m sure you’ve heard that terminology before, in reflection to doing business online, don’t just rely one one single strategy, an example of this would be traffic generation. Most people think of doing SEO and getting traffic from Google, and somewhat neglecting other strategies. Then when an update like Panda or Penguin takes places what happens? Oh yes that traffic is demoted, ‘you placed all your eggs in one basket, the basket followed through and you’re back to zero’.
- ‘No I’m not going to do it alone’ – Face it, you can’t do it alone and it’s not wise to either. Get as much moral support and help as possible from your family, friends and any business connections that you may have who can help you.
- ‘No I’m not going to fail to plan ahead’ – Don’t keep your ideas stored in your head, have them on good old fashioned paper and filed away somewhere safe. Create an effective strategical plan of action for everything that you do, be organized.
- ‘No I’m not going to blast every penny that I have on advertising alone’ – Easy mistake to do, don’t assume the only marketing tactic you need to know about is advertising, explore other more cost effective avenues, a little bit like the ‘eggs in one basket’ philosophy.
- ‘No I’m not going to ignore social media’ – It’s too damn big to ignore for starters, your customers are on social media sites, and so should your business be.
- ‘No I’m not going to fail to build my list’ – The money is in the list, so start building your list.
- ‘No I’m not going to stop learning’ – Learn everything there is to possibly know about how to build, market and promote your business to your target audience and more. Just keep learning…
- ‘No I’m not going to let the state of the economy dent my ambitions’ – Be aware of it but don’t let it drag you down. Create the most irresistible, the most compelling, the most resourceful product and promote the hell out of it.
Well that’s my ‘food for thought’ for you this week… Think you can add one more to make the list to 10? Leave your suggestions in the comment section below as always.
Enjoy the rest of your week folks and keep your head down, stay focused and move forward with your business.
Image courtesy of Flickr user: ThisParticularGreg