Social media tips is something we love to share frequently here on the Magnet4Marketing blog; and it doesn’t matter whether you’re using social media for promoting your business and reaching out to new prospects, or for promoting your products and services or for promoting content on your blog, as long as you’re using it to your best advantage that’s all that matters.
As a blogger, sometimes it’s hard to keep up with the latest social media trends; there are always new features, new tools and entirely new platforms emerging on the horizons that make our use of social media more effective and productive
Today I want to share 31 awesome social media tips for bloggers, some of these tips you might have come across before some not, but let’s dive straight in –
- Create a unique bio for each of your social media profiles.
- Create a custom URL for your social media profiles using Pretty Link plugin for WordPress, for example here’s mine for Facebook: www.magnet4marketing.net/on/facebook and Google+ www.magnet4marketing/on/googleplus
- Use Facebook promoted posts to get more exposure to your most essential content.
- Create a custom Twitter background and include your Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ profile URL’s in the graphic.
- Use the same profile image as your WordPress Gravatar image so that people can instantly recognize you.
- Create a shockingly unique and captivating banner image for your Facebook page.
- Brand all your other social media profiles that allow you to upload your own unique banner image such as Google+, YouTube and Flickr.
- Don’t just upload to YouTube, use Facebook Video, Vimeo and other platforms that allow you to upload and share video media.
- Write a 400 word post on Google+ and add links to other posts on your blog.
- Post your milestones and achievements on your Facebook page.
- When pinning images on Pinterest, optimize your descriptions with keywords and hashtags.
- Don’t just post your own links on Twitter and Facebook, be resourceful and share other content that you believe your audience will appreciate.
- Use HootSuite or BufferApp to schedule your social media shares.
- Get rid of your annoying default Twitter avatar and use your own image, as generic as this tip might sound, there are thousands of twitter users still doing it.
- Avoid using twitter automated software’s.
- Don’t wait until you find a computer… Tweet, Like, Give a Plus One, Share on LinkedIn, Pin on Pinterest all from your Smartphone.
- When using SlideShare, use the first few slides to promote your blog…
- Create a YouTube video recording and publishing schedule.
- Stop being camera shy! Just do it…
- Have something unique and memorable in your YouTube videos.
- Make better use of your Video insights to fine tune your video marketing strategy.
- Deal with negative comments on social media in a professional and positive way.
- Frequently post your old posts that were once hot topics on Facebook.
- Organize and hold a hangout on Google+ with your fellow bloggers.
- Shorten links with Goo.gl.
- Complete your company page on LinkedIn to 100%, yes your blog is your business!
- Join, participate or create your own LinkedIn group.
- When posting a question or poll on Facebook, promote it by sharing the link to the post on Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn for more exposure.
- Create a weekly or daily activity schedule for each of your social media profiles.
- Always, share something useful and valuable on social media sites, never spam.
- Get more retweets, twitter followers and increase presence on Twitter using JustRetweet!
So there you have it folks, 31 cool social media tips for you to digest. If you’d like to add to the list please do so in the comment section below, perhaps you can share some social media tips we don’t yet know about!
Image courtesy of Flickr user: Mark Hunter of TartanPodcast